Tony Roma’s New Global Prototype Restaurant in Orlando Receives Strong Acclaim from Guests and Industry Media
Redefined dining experience, exciting new menu innovation, and an enhanced beverage platform transform ribs and steak franchise brand experience
ORLANDO, Fla. – November 1, 2016 – Romacorp, Inc., the parent company of Tony Roma’s, recently debuted its new global prototype Tony Roma’s restaurant on International Drive in Orlando, Fla. The brand and restaurant transformation has been met with enthusiastic feedback from local, national and international guests and influential industry media. In just a few weeks, the new restaurant has already seen incredible feature stories from leading publications including Scott Joseph Orlando, Restaurant News, Orlando Date Night Guide, The Primlani Kitchen, and Franchising.com.
“We are overwhelmed at the incredible initial response we are seeing from Tony Roma’s fans and industry media to our brand transformation,” said Stephen K. Judge, President and Chief Executive Officer for Romacorp, Inc. “Our Orlando prototype is setting the standard for all future Tony Roma’s restaurants, and we are thrilled to have had the chance to redefine the brand experience while putting fun back into our food and innovating around what we do best: ribs.”
As the world’s largest casual dining concept specializing in ribs, Tony Roma’s franchise popularized baby back ribs nearly 45 years ago and brought the experience of American ribs and grilling to fans around the world. The new global prototype builds on this strong heritage and positions the brand for future domestic and international growth by transforming the restaurant environment, service approach, and food and beverage offerings to meet the demands of today’s consumer.
Key elements of the new restaurant that have excited fans and media include:
- A new modern interior and exterior décor package with flexible dining spaces to satisfy a variety of guest occasions – family dining, couple’s date nights, business meetings, watching the game, a quick bite and a drink, celebrations, or relaxing with friends after a long day
- The most extensive menu development ever done by Tony Roma’s franchise, with over 35 new menu items for guests to explore in addition to enjoying all-time guest favorites such as Baby Back Ribs, the Onion Loaf, Kickin’ Shrimp and the Romarita®
- A sensational new menu with a renewed focus on rib innovation – including the introduction of Lamb Ribs and industry first innovations such as the new Blazin’ Buffalo Rib™ and Pork-strami Rib™
- A new “Bones & Bites” menu, designed to give today’s consumers the ability to customize their dining experience and create their own flavor adventure from a variety of small plates with bold flavors
- An enhanced beverage platform with modern cocktails, such as the new Romatini®, and 20 domestic, international and local craft beers poured through an eye-catching red “fire hydrant” draft system
- An inviting new indoor/outdoor bar and patio with a fireplace and dazzling views of the Orlando Eye and the vibrant International Drive
- Three state-of-the-art private dining rooms equipped with a full range of audio visual equipment, the perfect place for business events, meetings, family celebrations and social gatherings
“We pushed the limits with the development of our new menu, experimenting with new types of ribs, cooking methods and sauces to create first of their kind craveable dishes that can’t be found anywhere else,” said Chef Bob Gallagher, Senior Vice President of Culinary. “When Baby Back Ribs were introduced to our menu in 1972, they were an instant hit. With this menu, we wanted to stick to those roots, adding new, truly innovative next generation Tony Roma’s ribs to our world-famous Baby Back Ribs, Beef Ribs and St. Louis Ribs.”
Let the celebration begin!
To learn more about the Tony Roma’s franchise transformation and experience the innovative changes, click here: https://youtu.be/lnUnhB7a7Ys.
About Romacorp, Inc.
Romacorp, Inc., is the parent company of Tony Roma’s restaurants, the world’s largest casual dining concept specializing in ribs. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Romacorp, Inc. has more than 150 restaurant locations in more than 30 countries and is one of the most globally recognizable names in the industry. The first Tony Roma’s restaurant opened more than 40 years ago in North Miami, Florida. For more information about Romacorp, Inc. and Tony Roma’s, visit www.tonyromas.com.
Please visit www.tonyromasfranchise.com or call (866) 981-0586 for information about Tony Roma’s franchising opportunities.
Uproar PR for Romacorp, Inc.
(321) 236-0102 x 230